Modumetal is a new class of nanolaminated materials that will change design and manufacturing methods. Modumetal is a revolutionary nanolaminated alloy system that is stronger and lighter than steel, can run longer and hotter than nickel-alloys, is more corrosion resistant and costs less than stainless. The Modumetal by Design™ process allows engineers to bridge design and manufacturing to realize large-scale finished parts from nanoscale building blocks. Modumetal will replace today’s metals, ceramics and composites in applications, starting with military armor, then proceeding to cars, planes, buildings and consumer goods.
- A unique, nanolaminated alloy
- A very high strength and hardness material
- An ultra-lightweight metal composite material
- A low-cost, “green” metal manufacturing process
- A single-step, net shape design and manufacturing process